Are you looking for a nursing home that offers person-centred care? You might wonder what this approach entails and how we implement it. At Stanfield Nursing Home, we believe that person-centred care is the key to providing the highest quality of care and support for your loved ones.
So, what is person-centred care, and how do we put it into practice?
What Does Person-Centred Care Mean?
When we talk about person-centred care, we are referring to an approach that places the individual at the heart of the care process. Essentially, this involves understanding and valuing each person as a distinct individual, complete with their own personality, background, preferences, and needs.
We hold the belief that treating every person with dignity, respect, and compassion is essential. Therefore, with this care philosophy, we aim to provide a welcoming, safe and homely environment where our residents can feel comfortable, happy and fulfilled.
Person-Centred Care Principles
A set of principles guide the way we actively deliver person-centred care at our nursing home.
These principles include:
- Respect for the individual: We treat each individual with respect, acknowledging their unique identity and valuing their opinions, choices and preferences. As such, staff encourage people to participate in decisions that affect their lives and care.
- Collaboration: We work in partnership with your loved ones, families and other healthcare professionals to ensure that their care is personalised and coordinated.
- Empowerment: With person-centred care, we empower people to maintain their independence, control and autonomy as much as possible. Therefore, we support them in making their own decisions and taking responsibility for their own health and well-being.
- Dignity: We recognise and uphold the essence and worth of every person. Stanfield staff actively treat your loved ones with dignity, privacy, and confidentiality.
- Holistic care: We consider the whole person, not just their medical condition. Therefore, we take into account their physical, emotional, social, spiritual and cultural needs, and tailor our care accordingly.
Implementing Person-Centred Care at Stanfield Nursing Home
At Stanfield Nursing Home, we take person-centred care seriously. To implement person-centred care, a dedicated team of professionals actively commits to this care philosophy. As such, our compassionate and skilled caregivers undergo training in person-centred care principles and practices.
First and foremost, we start by getting to know your loved ones as an individual. The Stanfield team take time to listen to their stories, preferences, and needs.
Then, we use this information to create a care plan. We tailor this to their unique requirements, considering their medical conditions, personal history, likes and dislikes, and cultural background.
We encourage all of those we care for to engage in meaningful activities and hobbies aligned with their interests and preferences. Our Activities Coordinator organises regular outings, events and social gatherings that promote socialisation, creativity and joy.
Furthermore, we actively ensure that the people in our care receive high-quality healthcare services delivered safely, effectively, and efficiently. We work closely with healthcare professionals, including doctors, nurses, physiotherapists and occupational therapists, to ensure that our residents receive the best possible person-centred care.
Our Commitment to Person-Centred Care
At Stanfield Nursing Home, we commit to tailoring person-centred care to your loved one’s unique needs, preferences, and aspirations.
We believe that by treating people with respect, dignity and compassion, we can help them live a rich, fulfilling and joyful life in our care home.
If you want to learn more about the care philosophy at Stanfield Nursing Home, please visit our website today. Alternatively, you can call 01905 420 459 to speak to a member of our helpful and friendly team. You can also check out our social media for daily updates.
If you have found this useful, you may wish to read about Receiving Rest of Life Elderly Care at Stanfield Nursing Home.